The Nobel Committee has truly beclowned itself this time. The Peace Prize has meant nothing since 1994 when it was awarded to Yasser Arafat to reward his lifelong pursuit of Jew-killing. In times since, it has been awarded to Jimmy Carter and Al Gore for their lifelong pursuit of not being George W. Bush. Now, it’s been awarded to Barack Hussein Obama for his lifelong pursuit of being Barack Hussein Obama.
The Times Online has noticed the “Life imitates the Onion” quality of awarding a Nobel Prize to an over-rated narcissist who has accomplished Jack Squat.
The prize risks looking preposterous in its claims, patronising in its intentions and demeaning in its attempt to build up a man who has barely begun his period in office, let alone achieved any tangible outcome for peace.
No kidding. But I doubt Obama’s silly little cult will see it this way. They also think Obama deserves the Nobel Peace Prize, and for the same reason, because he is ‘The One.’ I am sure the next verse in the Schoolchildren’s hymn to Obama is being written as we speak. They should give him an Oscar, too, for that matter. Because he has made just as many contributions to film as he has to World Peace.
As a bonus, let’s consider who the Nobel Committee considered less worthy than Barack Hussein Obama to receive to Nobel Peace Prize:
- Chinese Human Rights Activist Hu Jia – imprisoned for campaigning for human rights in the PRC, not as worthy as Barack Hussein Obama.
- Wei Jingsheng, who spent 17 years in Chinese prisons for urging reforms of China’s communist system. — not as worthy as Barack Hussein Obama. (Not to mention the symbolic value of awarding a Chinese dissident on the 20th Anniversary of the Tianenmen Square Massacre.
- Greg Mortenson, founder of the Central Asia Institute has built nearly 80 schools, especially for girls, in remote areas of northern Pakistan and Afghanistan over the past 15 years – not as worthy as Barack Hussein Obama
- Prince Ghazi bin Muhammad, a philosophy professor in Jordan who risks his life by advocating interfaith dialogue between Jews and Muslims, also not as worthy as Barack Hussein Obama
- Afghan human rights activist Sima Samar. She currently leads the Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission and serves as the U.N. special envoy to Darfur and is apparently also not as worthy as Barack Hussein Obama