10. Maybe there’s something to it, but obsessing on the details of the Hawaiian long form certificate of live birth (COLB) makes you look like a 9-11 troofer going on an on about microthermite sphericles or whatever.
9. His college and medical records have not been released, and those are probably more damaging. Focus, people!
8. There is so much else to attack Obama on: record deficits, lies about not signing tax increases into law, lying about his health care plan, the massive culture of white house corruption. The birth certificate controversy is simply not necessary.
7. The birther controversy allows the media to discredit the opposition to Obama’s corruption, spending, and socialism.
6. Birthers are playing into the hands of the left by allowing #7 and #8 to happen. You wanna be a tool of the left? You wanna help Obama succeed? Keep flogging the birth certificate issue.
5. The GOP has a chance to gain ground in 2010, and the birther controversy makes it harder to move forward. The MSM will happily use the birthers to whack the GOP in 2010: “See, these people are nuts and you want to vote for them!”
4. Worldnet Daily and Newsmax are all over this b-tch. If something comes up, they’ll let us know. We don’t need to worry about it.
3. It implies the conspiracy to make Barack Obama president literally began the day he was born. That’s plain nutty.
2. Obama and his cronies have had years to create fake documents, so even if a long form COLB were produced, the birthers would just say it was faked anyway.
1. Best possible outcome: President Biden, Vice President Pelosi.
Update: I take it back. We now have proof positive Obama was not born in Hawaii.