I didn’t listen to the Press Conference because I simply can’t stand to look at the guy, but I followed commentary on AoSHQ, NRO, GatewayPundit, Michelle Malkin, and couple of other blogs. Here’s what I know:
- Obama accused doctors of being greedy and performing unnecessary tonsillectomies just to get money. (This speaks more of his personal character than it does of the doctors; a thief always suspects others of plotting to steal from him.)
- Obama attacked Republicans, then, a few seconds later, denied he had ever attacked Republicans.
- Obama claimed his plan will save money by eliminating tests the government deems unnecessary. (ObamaCare bureaucrat on the phone with doctor: “I am sick of hearing about ‘malignant’ this and ‘emergency surgery’ that. Just give the kid some Tylenol and stop bothering me.”)
- Obama closed with, “I don’t know anything about the Louis Gates incident, but Cambridge cops are stupid.” (Again, speaks to his lack of character and discernment.)
By the way, even the normally supine AP found it necessary to Fact Check Obama’s Ass because of the lies he tried to pass off in the press conference.
- He lied about keeping the Government out of health care decisions.
- He lied about not attacking Republicans.
- He lied about OcamaCare not adding to the deficit.
By the way, LGF2 (the blog where former members of Little Green Footballs went after Charles Johnson went crackers) has a great summary of HR 3200, section-by-section, and what it means to you.
Also, The left-wing moonbats may hate Ann Coulter, but I defy any of them to find a single thing she gets wrong in this column: TAKE TWO ASPIRIN AND CALL ME WHEN YOUR CANCER IS STAGE 4.