Left Liberal Progressives portray themselves as being more compassionate than the right and claim that all of their political positions are based on their superior empathy for the downtrodden. What a load! It’s a demonstrated fact that conservatives are more generous with their own money, time, and labor than liberals. Liberals buy their sense of compassion with other people’s money.
Beyond that, most, if not all, liberal-left-progressive policy positions are based on selfishness, narcissism, and egocentricity. Let’s take a look at a few of them:
- Socialized health care: From the progressives’ perspective: Somebody else gets taxed to provide free health care for me. Nuff said.
- Obama: How many left-progressives and mushy daytime-TV addled moderates voted for Obama without knowing or caring about his policies, but simply as a self-affirmation of their racial tolerance? Answer: A real whole lot. (Progressives view minorities as inferiors, capable of getting ahead only if progressive whites help them. )
- Iraq: Left progressives moaned constantly about the money being “wasted” in Iraq liberating brown people, but they cheer when Chairman Zero spends enough money to fight two Iraq wars on a single Spendulus package. Why? Because Chairman Zero’s spending is more likely to line their pockets and the pockets of their liberal friends … ACORN, Environmental lobbyists, deadbeat mortgage holders…
- The Spendulus. Future generations are put into insurmountable debt to pay for government programs that mostly benefit liberal special interest groups.
- Abortion: Abortion is the ultimate act of selfishness. At least 95% of abortions are for birth control, and that means the abortion is a matter of killing a baby for the sake of convenience. If people delayed their sexual gratification until they were ready for children (or got sterilized if they didn’t want any), and were willing to man up and take responsibility for the life they create, they would not have abortions. And then there’s the liberal rationale about how “unwanted” children become a burden to society; again, selfishness. Look at the vitriol directed at Sarah Palin for choosing to give birth to a Down’s Syndrome Child; something the Mengelas of the left find intolerable. (Showing their lack of compassion for the disabled and imperfect, BTW)
- Gay Marriage. Have you seen the protesters? Have you heard why they want gay marriage? “I want equality. I want Benefits! I want the government to tell me my relationship is as valid as anyone else’s. Me! Me! Me!” And never mind that the real energy behind gay marriage is the Hollywood/Media left who value marriage not a whit.
- Global Warming: In leftist global warming philosophy, they only have to do little things — use a recycling bin and deadly Chinese mercury lightbulbs. Everyone else has to make real sacrifices: everyone else has to give up their comfortable car and drive a Pelosimobile or take public transit; bureaucrats who file Environmental Impact Statements keep their jobs, steelworkers and lumbermen lose theirs, Al Gore gets a private jet, you have to walk.
All leftist progressive policy positions are ultimately intended to enhance the power of progressive statists at the expense of personal freedom; the only exception being the freedom to gratify oneself sexually without consequences.
Are conservatives greedy? Yeah, some are, but not nearly as greedy as progressives, and not to the point where selfishness and greed are at the root of conservative politics. People argue that tax cuts are greedy, but the real motivation is to stimulate economic activity (which benefits everyone) and limit government power (starve the beast). Conservatives want to reduce and limit government power; which is an unselfish position for a political movement.
The desire to have power over others, to force them to adopt your lifestyle, force them to live by your values… that is ultimate selfishness. That is progressive liberalism.