The Colin Powell – Tom Ridge – T. Coddington Van Voorhees VII wing of the Republican Party (a.k.a “Republicans for Obama”) keep insisting that the Republican party needs to be a “big tent” party, and to accomplish same by kicking Evangelical Christians (the ones who actually believe in Jesus Christ and don’t see church a daycare and social club type thing), pro-lifers, tax protesters, “nativists” (i.e., those who support secure borders), and global warming skeptics out of the tent.
Let’s consider this:
– Christian Evangelicals are ~40% of the population.
– Pro-Lifers make up 51% of the population
– 66% of voters in the most liberal state in the country voted down tax increases. Consistent with other polls that show 66% of voters prefer lower taxes and smaller government.
– 41% of the public is skeptical of Global Warming hysteria. And the number is rising.
– 66% of the public opposes Amnesty and wants the borders secured.
Couple these figures with the facts that Democrats already have a lock on the secular, pro-abortion, big government, ManBearPig vote, illegal immigrant vote and… tell me, how does tossing out the Christians, the pro-lifers, the tax protesters, and the climate skeptics get the Republicans back in power?