On Sunday (April 26, 2009) the country reached “Debt Day,” the day on which the Federal Government Must Begin Borrowing money to meet the rest of the Fiscal Year’s financial obligations. Never before in the history of the country has the country reached Debt Day this early in the Fiscal Year.
Don’t expect the media to be hyping this fact very much in the build-up to Der Teleprompter’s 100-Day in Office Fest.
Here’s some other things the media will be ignoring in the Hype to 100 Days.
- The unprecedented massiveness of his deficits.
- The fact that Dear Leader can’t order a Happy Meal without a Teleprompter.
- The happy smiles and warm embraces for Hugo Chavez.
- The cheap, tacky, insulting, and inappropriate gifts to world leaders.
- The Cabinet of Crooks, Liars, and Tax Cheats.
- The DHS report that described American veterans as terror threats
- The cessation of Immigration enforcement raids