Not just for the past eight years… no, no, no… According to the left, America has always been a horrible, racist, nightmarish, Howard Zinn kind of place.
- PBS Commentator John Ridley says that Obama is the first real American to be president.
- NBC Newspuppet Brian Williams says all presidents before Obama were “evil.”
- Former NBC Newspuppet Tom Brokaw compared the USA, pre-Obama, to the Communist Bloc.
- Triumph of Affirmative Action “Film-Maker” Spike Lee declared that “You’ll have to measure time by `Before Obama‘ and `After Obama‘”
- Spastic MSNBC Newspuppet Chris Matthews compared the pre-Obama USA to czarist Russia, and the Bush family to the Romanovs.
Yes, it was a bleak day before the Dear One ascended. Babies were protected in the womb, the market system created a standard of living that the world envied, and American strength was seen as a good thing. Well, those nightmarish days are over.
BUT WSJ’s Dorothy Rabinowitz thinks the moral lecturing from Chairman Zero and his Cult may wear thin very quickly.
Those trumpeting declarations to the world that new leadership had now come to the United States, that we were now a nation worthy of the world’s trust — those speeches suggesting that after years of darkness America had now been rescued, just barely, from the abyss — will be in the end this president’s Achilles’ heel. Those are not, Mr. Obama may discover, tones that wear well in the course of a presidency.
In other words, Obama may think America sucks, MoveOn may think America sucks, and Nancy Pelosi’s constituents may think America sucks… but a constant wash of “America sucks, but Obama absolves America of its sins” is unlikely to wear well with the vast majority of people who don’t think America sucks.