A commenter at the Gay Patriot blog claims to doubt there was widespread hatred toward Bush expressed by the left: “Perhaps there were some as extreme on the left during the Bush years and I just never saw it ” Perhaps there was some discreet Bush hatred in the last eight years? Well, perhaps, this will jog his memory.
1. “Screw them!” — DailyKos founder Markos Zuniga, responding to the brutal murder of four Americans in Iraq, 2004,
2. “The growth in his abdomen is his head stuck up his a**. F**k him!! He is pure lying scum and should die ASAP!!”- Huffington Post commenter upon learning of Tony Snow’s terminal cancer, 2008.
3. “I’m praying for SIDS.” – Commenter on gay blog Pam’s House Blend regarding Dick Cheney’s grandson.
5. Bush-hater punches disabled teen. Unhinged moonbat threatens Republicans with rifle. Deranged Bush-hater chases Tampa woman with his car. Multiple assault and vandalism incidents against Republicans, 2004. America-hating HuffPost writer stabs lover 220 times, commits suicide, 2008.
6. “It’s not far-fetched” and “it’s not unreasonable” to believe that Bush blew up the levees after Hurricane Katrina to kill black people — Spike Lee, 2005
7. “Impeachment… no. Impalement!” Bill Durst, writing in The Progressive, 2007
8. “Jesus Christ and General Jackson too, can’t the Taliban do anything right? They must know we would be so gratefull (sic) to them for such a remarkable achievement.”– Huffington Post commenter expressing disappointment at a failed assassination attempt on Dick Cheney, 2008.
9. “I think this guy is a loser.”– Senator Harry Reid (D-NV) describing Bush to a group of high school students, 2005
10. “Downfall is a great movie about Hitler – God, Bruno Ganz may have made Hitler better than he was, I’m sure he did, but you know what? It gave me a little insight into the banality of evil. Bush is the same thing.” – Oliver Stone, comparing Bush to Hitler, 2008
11. “The president and vice president lied and a million innocent Iraqis died…We already know the State of the Union. It’s a lie.” – Rep. Dennis Kucinich, D-OH, 2008
12. State of Vermont votes to impeach Bush, Brattleboro VT votes to arrest Bush and Cheney for “war crimes.”
13. Pulitzer-Prize winning Cartoonist Pat Oliphant compares Bush to Hitler. – 2005. Cartoonist Ted Rall: Death of Soldiers in Iraq raises average IQ at home. – 2007
14. Asked point-blank if the U.S. was a “terrorist nation,” Malveaux shot back: “Oh, Absolutely.” — Julianne Malveaux, 2005
15. L’il Bush – Comedy Central creates entire series devoted to nothing but Bush bashing, 2007. (See also, The Assassination of President Bush – TV Drama). (See also: The Assassination of President Bush – novel).
16. Comparing Bush and his family to the Corleones of “Godfather” fame, Air America host Randi Rhodes reportedly unleashed this zinger during her Monday night broadcast: “Like Fredo, somebody ought to take him out fishing and phuw. ” Rhodes then imitated the sound of a gunshot. – Randi Rhodes, Air America, 2004. (See also “Snipers wanted” superimposed on coverage of Bush accepting the Republican nomination, CBS, 2000. )
17. “Bush is a murder… there isn’t a day on the calendar that causes my hatred — and I do indeed mean hatred — of George W. Bush to bubble over the top more than Memorial Day.” – Huffington Post writer Bob Geiger, 2008. (“If he was walking across the street and I was driving my car…I just don’t know if he would make it.” – a fellow blogger, commenting.)
18. “General Pace — you have the power to fulfill your responsibility to protect the troops under your command. Indeed you have an obligation to do so. You can relieve the President of his command. Not of his Presidency. But of his military role as Commander-In-Chief…. In addition to relieving him of his command as Commander-In-Chief, you also have authority to place the President under MILITARY arrest.” – Huffington Post writer Martin Lewis urging a military coup d’etat, 2007
19. “The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing ‘God Bless America.’ No, no, no, God damn America, that’s in the Bible for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme.”– Rev Jeremiah Wright, 2003.
20. “What’s the plan? It is this. McCain doesn’t matter. Reputable dermatologists are discussing the fact that in simply actuarial terms, John McCain has a virulent and life-threatening form of skin cancer. It is the elephant in the room, but we must discuss the health of the candidates: doctors put survival rates for someone his age at two to four years. I believe the Rove-Cheney cabal is using Sarah Palin as a stalking horse, an Evita figure, to put a popular, populist face on the coming police state and be the talk show hostess for the end of elections as we know them. If McCain-Palin get in, this will be the last true American election. She will be working for Halliburton, KBR, Rove and Cheney into the foreseeable future — for a decade perhaps — a puppet “president” for the same people who have plundered our treasure, are now holding the US economy hostage and who murdered four thousand brave young men and women in a way of choice and lies.” – Naomi Wolf, (feminist author and Democrat consultant) writing in, naturally, The Huffington Post, 2008
21. “As for those in the World Trade Center, well, really, let’s get a grip here, shall we? True enough, they were civilians of a sort. But innocent? Gimme a break. They formed a technocratic corps at the very heart of America’s global financial empire, the “mighty engine of profit” to which the military dimension of U.S. policy has always been enslaved and they did so both willingly and knowingly.” – Ward Churchill , 2001
Of course, this list is far from inclusive. There was also Alex Jones, making a cottage industry out of accusing Bush of blowing up the WTC, Andrew Sullivan’s obsessive deranged belief that Sarah Palin is not Trig Palin’s mother, any number of Daily Show and Colbert Report and Bill Maher jokes about Bush’s stupidity, washed up comedienne Margaret Cho calling Sarah Palin “evil,” countless anti-Bush diatribes by Keith Olbermann, Rosie O’Donnell’s entire tenure at ‘The View’, the MoveOn-dot-org ad that morphed Bush into Hitler, Code Pink protesting at Crawford and making a celebrity out of deranged moonbat Cindy Sheehan, Berkeley California trying to shut down a Marine recruiting station, Marine recruiters harassed and chased out of a job fair in Santa Cruz CA, Oliver Stone’s Bush-bashing pic W, along with other odious troop-bashing films like Redacted, Stop Loss, Rendition, Lions for Lambs, and In the Valley of Elah, Michael Moore’s Bush-Bashing Fahrenheit 911 which Hollywood rewarded with an Oscar (and Michael Moore allowed to sit in the president’s box at the 2004 DNC convention). Bush Hatred was not limited to the fringe, it infected the entirety of the left; from anonymous commenters on popular left-wing blogs up to the Democrat Party leadership and throughout the mainstream media.
The Washington Post even profiled one Maryscott O’Connor, a Bush-hater so deranged “I have become one of those people with all the bumper stickers on their car. I am this close to being one of those muttering people pushing a cart. I’m insane with rage and grief.”
And then there’s this deranged loser…
After I actually took the trouble to inform myself about politics a couple years ago, and learned the true extent of the damage Bush has done to this country, I have a constant boiling rage inside me. Absolutely constant. Never ceases, though sometimes I can get it down to a simmer so I can go out in public and hang out with friends without doing something stupid. On top of the anger is a generous dose of fear and anxiety, coming directly from the Bush administration’s march to fascism.
Frequently, I’m so intensely angry that I hit things. I just broke my bookshelf today because I hit it. My knuckles have decent callouses on them from hitting things, and various pieces of my property show signs of my rage. Thankfully, I’ve never turned violent against people since I was in.
So, yeah, anyone who failed to notice the Bush Derangement of the last eight years must have been living in a cave, on Mars, with both fingers shoved into his ears.